A List Of The Most Interesting Topics For A Descriptive Essay
You will notice that the topic makes use of the word interesting. This implies a subjective decision because what you consider to be interesting, may be dead-set boring to someone else. If that someone else is the teacher marking your essay, your writing and presentation will have to be spot on. Of course a professional will always assess every submitted essay on its merits. But if you choose a topic which is seriously interesting to you, chances are you will make your essay appealing to those who read it.
But with any essay writing, success often depends on your choice of topic. Choosing a topic you like, want to write about and/or have experience in is always a wise move. You will be more enthusiastic in tackling such a topic. So see which of the following topics you find “interesting”.
It’s important to remember that we are not considering interesting but rather most interesting. The topic you choose needs to be really something special.
- Describe the best holiday you have ever enjoyed.
- Give a description of your favourite location which only exists in your mind.
- Describe your pet and what it does to make your life more enjoyable.
- Describe your favourite teacher and why you have chosen this individual.
- Describe yourself. Write a description of who you are and what you have done in your life thus far.
- Describe what you would like to do with the rest of your life.
- What would be the perfect shopping destination for you and why is that your choice?
- Describe your best friend and why you have chosen that person to be your friend.
- Describe a quality of your personality you don’t have but would like to have.
- Describe the most frightening experience you have ever had.
- Describe the experience you have never had but would like to have.
- What is your favourite possession and why is that so?
- From an old family photo, describe a relative you have never met.
- Describe the saddest time you can remember.
- If you could go on a holiday to anywhere, describe the destination and what you would do there.
- Describe your favourite film and why it meant so much to you.
- Describe the peaceful place you would like to visit.
- Describe someone you have never met but would really like to meet.
- Describe your favourite meal.